Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday John (or Pappy, depending on who's reading this)!!


It's April 29th, John's Birthday.

John,
I wish I could say how grateful I am to have met you almost twenty years ago. I can tell you that I am, but I can't pull the emotions out of my heart and turn them into english words. I can never be practiced enough to do so. I am honored that I was your friend before we ever dated, and more so that it turned into our marriage. Because of our friendship, I have this respect that came from the very beginning. After so many years of marriage, and now that we know each other so intimately—our hopes, our fears, our disasters, the things that make us giggle late at night, our deep conversations, our stooopid words, and our love— I love you even more than I could have imagined and I am your friend, both. That is a gift.

I respect you. You are my friend and you are my loving husband. On your birthday today, just as I am every day, I am so happy you were born. I can't believe I married that John Hansen guy!
I love you.
Jenny




[Picture taken by dad at John's concert last month.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Uncle John! What a great man!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

Love to both of you from your kids (and kid-in-law) in Utah.

sarahbellac said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle John! We love you! (and we love you too, Jenny)